Piers 22 and 20 are the principal cruise ship berths offering passengers direct ship-to-shore access to HPA’s dedicated cruise passenger terminals, Pavilions 22 and 20. Pavilion 22 offers cruise passengers and crew unique and friendly shopping experience and Pavilion 20 offers an open, barrier-free space ideal for gathering for tours.
Click here to download a copy of the Port of Halifax – Harbour and Facilities Map.
All the amenities are standard at the Port of Halifax.
- Dedicated passenger terminals (Pavilions 20 and 22)
- Direct ship-to-shore access with berth space for numerous cruise ships
- Wheelchair accessibility, telephones and washrooms
- Immediate access to buses, taxis and limousines
- Visitor services and shopping available dockside
- A convenient location within easy walking distance of the downtown core
- Wide variety of tour options
- A hundred thousand smiles
For Cruise Ships
Our business is to enhance your business.
- Experienced full-service cruise port now offering shore power
- Dedicated on-site Halifax Port Authority staff facilitating efficient cruise operations
- Deep draft (40′ at the Halifax Seaport)
- Minimal tidal variations averaging only four and one-half feet (1.5 meters)
- Significant investment in a fendering system and bollards to handle the world’s largest vessels
- Hydraulic gangways
- Tugboat services are optional; pilotage is compulsory
- Bunkering available dockside by truck or barge
- Safe and secure port
- Capability of handling turnaround calls